You can do it, and this is how:
- Navigate to the /Applications folder.
- Locate the iTunes icon, right click and 'Get Info'.
- Expand the window out so you can see the little padlock in the bottom-right corner, click on it and enter your admin password.
- Expand the 'Sharing & Permissions' and change the privileges for 'Everyone' to 'Read and Write'.
- Close the 'Get Info' window and drag the file to the trash.
- Empty the trash.
- Open Terminal.
rm -rf /Users/your user name/Library/Preferences/*iTunes*
rm -rf /Users/your user name/Library/Caches/*iTunes*
rm -rf /Users/your user name/Library/*iTunes*